Careers - Open positions
We believe that a job is more than just a means to earn a paycheck. It should be part of a larger vision, motivating you to come to work every day and inspiring you to grow with the organization. It is a career.
At our company your career is what you make it. Work is fast-paced, thanks largely to the people who, day-after-day, have the vision and commitment to lead the market. Talent, creativity, decisive action, and a sense of immediacy are all valued.
Elements of our Culture and Core Values:
- Disciplined Risk Taking
- Local Talent
- Quality Service
- Responsive Leadership
- Work Across Boundaries
Being a member of our team is an invitation to develop individual knowledge and ability. At MetLife, we strive for both business and personal growth at every turn. At our company your career potential is truly in your hands.
We believe in fostering professional careers. We train our staff in new and valuable market skills, and promote internal candidates whenever possible. Throughout the organization's history, our employees have forged impressive career paths through hard work, ingenuity, and outstanding performance.
Agency Force Career
As a member of the our Sales Force you will have the opportunity to develop your professional potential to the fullest by working in a dynamic and achievement-oriented working environment.
You can enjoy unlimited income, career development and personal satisfaction through performing a dynamic, interesting and rewarding job.
To be an insurance consultant at MetLife means to get where you want to go!
Insurance Consultant Careers:
- Starting your career with MetLife you will be able to enjoy personal satisfaction and prestige as you offer your clients value, security and financial protection.
- You will have the opportunity for constant growth and professional development as you enhance your status from Active Agent, to Professional Consultant, to VIP Consultant, or Star League Agent
- With our company your income grows in direct proportion to the amount of effort you apply.
- You will enjoy security and financial independence, receiving commissions, as well as additional bonuses and awards accumulated over the years.
- In addition to the financial benefits of a successful insurance career, your commitment and high level of professionalism will be rewarded with the company’s respect and recognition through membership to MetLife’s prestigious clubs - Star League, Chairman’s Council, or Million Dollars Round Table - for our best insurance consultants.
- Once you have proved your selling skills, should you so wish you may proceed to a managerial position in which you will recruit, train and develop other successful professionals.
- A successful management career develops by advancing from Sales Management Trainee, to Junior Unit Manager, to Unit Manager and Agency Manager.
- Top management-level positions will bring you the additional opportunity of running your own business with the benefits of having the company’s strong market position and support behind you.
When selecting prospective insurance consultants, we look for the following qualities:
- Good communication skills - These are necessary in a sales situation to enable the agent to present solutions and handle objections in a clear and persuasive manner.
- Self motivation - The need for this quality is self-apparent; for much of the time the agent will be operating by himself or herself and they must feel an internal desire to succeed.
- Private business sense - Agents will be running their own business. They should want to see a good return on their investment of time and effort.
- Personal vision and ambition - Good agents do not just drift, they have definite goals, they WANT to achieve.
- Self-presentation - The agent should look and behave professionally. The test is: “would you buy from this person?”.
Quality Training and Support
- The insurance consultant career in our company provides you with opportunity for getting professional training in the business of life insurance and sales in general.
- Our training for new recruits consists of an induction course – the PCT – designed to prepare you for the subsequent field training provided.
- After successfully passing the initial training and signing a contract, you will be able to join the company development programs in order to further improve your skills in the area of sales, insurance and management.
- Showing new people what to do and how to do it; observing them and giving them personal feedback enables us to identify what further training is needed in order to ensure our employees achieve the levels of success they seek.
- Every step of our insurance consultants' and managers' career development is supported by appropriate ongoing training programs to facilitate success and professional growth.
Rewards and Recognition
- Leading life insurance consultants have the opportunity of attending regional and world sales conferences, as well as the chance to qualify for five-star trips all over the world.
- Lisbon, Barcelona, Thessalonica, the Mediterranean, Mexico, the Caribbean, Florence, and Venice are among the most recent destinations visited by our consultants and managers.
- Every life insurance consultant and manager is offered the chance to compete in contests by targeting challenging, though achievable, results. Each sale serves as an application to participate in a contest at either a local, regional, or international level.
- This year a total of over 50 people won different contests, and this number is growing from year to year.
Career as an Employee
At MetLife, we believe that a job is more than a place to earn a paycheck. It should be part of a larger vision, which motivates you to come to work every day and inspires you to grow with the organization. It should be part of a career. Whether your expertise is in accounting and finance, underwriting, actuarial or technology, if you're a facilitator and an "out of the box" thinker, than MetLife may be where you belong.
Being a member of our team is an invitation to develop individual knowledge and abilities. At MetLife, we strive for both business and personal growth at every turn. With us, your career potential is truly what you make it.
We believe in fostering employee careers. We train our staff in new and valuable market skills, and promote internally whenever possible. Throughout the organization's history, our employees have forged impressive career paths through hard work, ingenuity, and outstanding performance.
As an employee of our company, the following career development resources are available:
- Performance appraisals.
- Tuition reimbursement.
- Employee Skills Development
- Internal Career Opportunities.